102 Lucas Ave, Kingston NY 12401
Hudson Valley Officiants Inc. has received many emails and calls in reference to the Coronavirus. Since we are responsible for hundreds of marriage ceremonies and baby blessings/baptisms, we must be proactive and reduce the risk of possible exposure to our couples, babies, officiants & Ministers.
After listening to our couple’s concerns, suggestions and what they are doing to safeguard themselves and along with reviewing information from the (CDC) Center for Disease Control, WHO World Health Organization, NY State Department of Health, Governor's office and speaking with our Physicians, legal and Insurance professionals, Hudson Valley Officiants Inc. in addition to masks, handwashing and sanitizing, has adopted the following Coronavirus policy effective Thursday March 5, 2020. Of course, this policy will be reviewed and modified as we closely monitor the Coronavirus situation. (Updated April 1 2022)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Hudson Valley Officiants Inc. via email at [email protected] or calling 845-248-2903 and ask for Reverend Louis.
Hudson Valley Officiants Inc. General Coronavirus Policy 1.4
Updated April 1, 2022
If you are sick, not feeling well, have been or think you have been in contact with someone that would place Hudson Valley Officiants Inc., your guests, family, wedding party, venue staff, DJ, photographer, band, florist or any other individual in harm’s way, please inform us or them immediately. This way we know what precautions to take at future meetings and on the day of your ceremony.
We are open. Office meetings are available for everyone. However, Masks are required for all in-office meetings even if you are vaccinated.
Day of Ceremony arrival/departure
Our arrival time is 15-90 minutes depending on the type of ceremony.
Officiants & Ministers will depart directly after ceremony.
If you choose to postpone your wedding due to COVID-19, Hudson Valley Officiants will allow a one time postponement and your non-refundable deposit to be applied toward a future date within 1 year of your current wedding date. If the officiant you are currently booked with is not available, you will be assigned another of our officiants, if available. If you choose not to accept another of our officiants, this will be considered a cancellation and your non-refundable payments will remain non-refundable. You must first check our availability before making any COVID-19 date changes.
1-Deposits and payments are non-refundable but can be applied, 1 time only, toward a new date within 1 year from the original ceremony date on your contract.
2-If you would like the Reverend you are currently booked with to still officiate your ceremony, you would first check their availability and then coordinate with your venue and other vendors.
3-If you choose a date that your current officiant is not available, you will be assigned one of our other officiants or choose which of our available officiants you would like to now work with.
4-If you choose or are assigned one of our other officiants, you would meet them and get to know one another.
5-If you cancel our services for any reason, even after your 1st postponement, including, that you wish not to work with one of our other officiants, your payments remain non-refundable and are subject to your original ceremony date and original cancellation penalties in your original contract. Please see Cancellations and also Officiant Substitutions Clause in your contract.
6-Wedding postponements are subject to any increase of fees for the new Date. Currently postponements for 2022 to 2023 are subject to a fee of $150.00.
Hudson Valley Officiants Inc. Day of Ceremony Coronavirus Policy 1.0
Updated April 1 2022
The following COVID-19 Ceremony procedures must be followed.
1) We are a NY State corporation and must follow NY State COVID regulations, even if we are officiating in any other state. Please check with NY States COVID website or your venue for current regulations. Above all NY State & CDC regulations we have our own policies that must be followed.
2) Social distancing requirements may apply, please ask your venue or local authorities.
3) MASKS - For indoor & outdoor ceremonies our Officiants are masked while at your venue. The mask is removed for the ceremony if we are supplied with proof of vaccination by the couple. If the couple is not vaccinated, the officiant will wear a mask for the ceremony. Couples are not required to wear a mask.
4) Vaccination - Our Officiants are fully Vaccinated, boostered and wear a mask at all times while at your venue. If the couple getting married are able to supply us with proof of vaccination, the officiant will remove the mask for the ceremony. If they are not vaccinated the officiant will be masked for the ceremony. The couple are not required to wear a mask.
5) Hudson Valley Officiants are legally bound to follow all COVID-19 policies, in every state.
6) Our Reverend will arrive 30-60 minutes prior to the ceremony, depending on the type of ceremony.
7) We will go over all ceremony details and procedures, in the bridal suite 20-30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
8) Since we are unable to socialize during this period, Reverend will depart directly after the ceremony as LIMITED EXPOSURE IS REQUIRED OF OUR OFFICIANTS DURING COVID-19.
9) Reverend will file your license and email you a copy. Your State will send the legal version in 7-30 business days or you may be required to return to the issuing clerk for your legal copy.